WSA + NVT ERP = compatible?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ams963, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

Is WSA compatible with NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro?

Best Wishes,
    Amit

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I can answer that one too. I'm using NVT EXE Pro, sandboxie and WSA. No conflicts. Everything works with any issues. It also runs very light. Not sure why I didn't think of this combo earlier. :D

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

You can also change the heuristics settings to apply a whitelist/default deny

Simply change the popularity setting to "max". This will allow only executables which are seen by a large share of the WSA/PrevX3 community. It is like crossing a street behind a lot of other pedestrians, chances of being hit by a car are minimal.

On wife's laptop I have set all program execution sources to max (harddisk, USB, Internet), except DVD. Make sure she only goes safely with the flow.

Combine this with https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2177285&postcount=6 and you have a fort knox like security setup

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It is still different from Prevx 3 popularity setting, I have it to max for quite some time now and never saw a pop-up, and I use less popular software and sometimes betas as well.
    If you want it to be really tight, the only way is to set Heuristics to warn on execution of everything untrusted.

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes, you're right. I have also all heuristics set to Max and never have got a pop-up. It's really different to Prevx. Had I set maxed heuristics in Prevx, it would be a prompt by prompt. I also tried in WSA "warn for untrusted applications" and I wouldn't recommend this option right after WSA installation otherwise you won't be catching all prompts. If you want to run this option, do it after running all applications you usually use. I also suggest to avoid this option if you're often updating.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

OK, did not know that, question to prevxhelp

Did the whitelisting criteria become looser or did the community got that much larger that Boerenkool never noticed pop-ups

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Good question.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The maximum settings still take program attributes into account, only the pure whitelist mode (warn if unknown) will show a warning in every case if U. Most of the complaints about Prevx 3.0 FPs were from users who raised their heuristic settings and then complained that we blocked legitimate programs, which is exactly as designed, but we've moved away from the pure popularity/age designations to avoid similar complaints.

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah thanks a lot guys. :D:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.