WSA IdentityShield still does not protect with Swedish keyboard

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by shadek, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I, just for fun, tested the IdentityShield against Zemanas antikeylogger test program.

It seems WSA protects my browser perfectly fine as long as I use english-specific letters. But as soon as I use Swedish letters, such as Å Ä and Ö, Zemana records them. It's the same with all characters such as ' ? % & et cetera.

For the record, some of my passwords contain special characters, which are not protected according to this little test.

Is there any way WSA will add full support for Swedish keyboard layout in the future?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Finnish too I guess as they also use Å Ä Ö. :)

Edit: maybe also Estonian I think, plus others perhaps.....

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

You have a Swedish keyboard layout as well, don't you SweX? :) You see the same issue?

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I do have a Swedish layout, but I can't check if I would experience the same issue, as I don't use WSA at the moment :)

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

WSA will protect alphanumeric characters - language specific characters are often handled like control characters to the OS and produce a myriad of problems when removed from the system by WSA (the inability to use the control/alt keys, etc.)

Therefore, as long as your password is not entirely non-alphanumeric characters (which would be very peculiar), you're still protected, and you won't experience any incompatibilities with your keystroke entry.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Off topic post removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.