WSA Essentials incompatible with NOD32 5.2.9.1 on my system

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by JPM, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hello, I had upgraded to the new version of NOD32 5.2.9.1 the other day and ever since I can no longer run WSA and Nod32 together. I had contacted ESET and after running their sysinspector program and sending them the results they said to uninstall WSA. Which I did and after reinstalled NOD32 and my system is fine, I tried to install WSA again after and my system will not boot up properly. It seems to boot fine I get the loading screen then the welcome screen then when I should see my desktop my screen is black. No icons, mouse pointer or anything just a solid black screen. I had no issues running the previous version of NOD and WSA together but for now it seems at least on my system they won't play well together. I haven't read of anyone else having the same issue so maybe it's just my PC.

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Soooo...
    NOD32 worked with WSA, because WSA is made to work with anything else at all with no problem...
    Then ESET made a change to NOD32 and the computer stopped working, and their answer is to get rid of WSA, even though WSA didn't change but NOD32 did...

I bet if you got rid of NOD32 WSA alone would work just fine too. ;)

However I recommend that you contact Webroot support so they can get data needed to try to work around whatever ESET broke to try to hold you hostage and keep you from using WSA if you use them.

3. JPM

JPM Registered Member

That's why I came here, first to see if anyone else was having a similar issue and second I know at least a couple of the webroot people read this forum pretty regularly. You are also correct in that WSA also runs fine by itself on my system I was just hoping to still use both for now as my license for NOD runs till June 2013 and the one I have for WSA runs a bit beyond that. If I have to decide on one or the other I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ;)

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Webroot is good at responding. Even if they have to fix it just for you and nobody else is having the problem at all, they will. Kinda nifty, huh? ^.^

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We'll definitely work to get this fixed for you if we can :) Could you write into our support inbox and then PM me your email address here so that I can take a look?

Thanks!

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If you wasn't having any problems with the prior version of NOD 32 then maybe you could just roll back to the older version of NOD 32. I'm sure Webroot will fix the problem though if it can be discovered. Eset on the other hand does not release new builds very often so who knows how long it would take them to address the problem if Eset is really the cause.

7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Currently using WSA Essentials and Eset Smart Security 5.2.9.1 and no problems whatsoever. Now in all fairness there's possibly something with JPM'S current set up that's causing the conflict in mention. I uninstalled and re-installed too see if the conflict might manifest itself on my system...fortunately it did not. Best of luck JPM...Sincerely...Securon

8. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I've been in contact now with webroot support and have run a system inspector program of theirs. The initial logs I sent showed nothing out of the ordinary with just NOD32 installed. They asked if I would install WSA again and run their utility which I have done and submitted the logs again. Quite possibly it's just something with my system, I've been messing around with computers for many many years now and know that what works on 10,000 PC's may not work on number 10,001. Be just my luck to own that last one ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.