WSA And 360 Internet Security: FREE

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by james246, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james246

james246 Registered Member

I have been using WSA and the latest version of Qihoo 360 Internet Security Free together for more than a week now and WSA continues to keep monitoring the Qihoo processes.
    Is there a security reason as to why WSA does not yet fully trust Qihoo? More than a week seems a long time to make a decision on whether or not to fully allow or fully block.

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Same thing goes for latest beta of AppGuard. It's been monitored for more than a month. Isn't it time the cloud detects is as benign?

Cheers!

3. Esse

Esse Registered Member

This is the main reason I took a break in using WSA, after a while the computer starts acting sluggish if you have enough programs that WSA do not trust and monitors for weeks and more.

But I am all fore an answer to this question as well, how can it take that long time to decide?

BTW! These files that are monitored are submitted for analyze in the background I guess?
    If they are, we do not need to submit new malware manually as they are already submitted via the "monitor" feature?

Joe, could you enlighten us "not so sure how it works users" ;)

Thanks

/E

4. james246

I had always thought that someone sitting in a Webroot Central Office would receive information submitted by monitor mode (automatically) from home users and would then analyse to make Whitelist or Blacklist adjustment.
    I notice that Windows updates are sometimes monitored for a short while before being allowed, so what exactly is the Webroot issue with AppGuard and Qihoo that results in delays to Block or Allow decision being made. I assume both should be allowed, they are after all highly recommended security programs, and Webroot is supposed to work well with other security software.

5. fax

fax Registered Member

It should be enough to send the logs to WSA support and request the whitelisting of those applications. Meanwhile. to avoid slowing down the system you can also simply "allow" them instead of leaving them as "monitor".

6. james246

Sure one can allow, but the customer relies on Webroot to make the intelligent decision automatically. The issue is quite simple why does Webroot take so long without reaching a block or allow decision on AppGuard or Qihoo.

7. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'd rather have the 'cloud' decide for me. That's what WSA is about and almost their slogan. :) If I allow it myself, I might as well go for a classic security suite.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Niche products with few users as compared to OS or widely used software... not enough critical mass to get a fast reclassification.
    For this cases you need to contact support to get them whitelisted... the same will be for every update.

... you know they are good ... and a novice users or the wide mass are not going to use those products ;)

9. james246

Actually Qihoo has a massive user base (450 million), I am surprised that Webroot needs to spend so much time looking at competitors' products without declaring them safe.

10. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We condemn software as malicious quickly but take our time to be sure about good software. Especially for security software which modifies the system precisely like malware, WSA is very cautious.

11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Good enough answer for me! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.