wrsa.exe +- 7-10% cpu all the time with Comodo Firewall

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Jeroen1000, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

Hi,

When Comodo is running, WRSA.exe is using about 7-10% cpu until I shutdown Comodo. Is there anything that can be done about this?

cheers,
    Jeroen

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Two things to check:

1: Are any Comodo processes being Monitored by WSA?
    2: Are any WSA Processes being monitored or blocked by Comodo?

You can check #1 in WSA by going to System Tools on the left of WSA, then the System Control tab, then "Start" under "Control Active Processes", and look for things under Monitor. If any Comodo thing is there, set it to "Allow" and also open a ticket with Webroot Support to see about getting the Comodo executable globally whitelisted.

You can check #2 by looking in Comodo, which I am not at all familiar with (Their control lacked granularity when I tried them years ago and would only open up ports I absolutely needed if I set the protection to Minimum and opened up a whole bunch of stuff I didn't need), so cannot direct you through.

3. Jeroen1000

Well, Comodo has WSRA.exe as system file so it should not bother it.
    And WSRA is not monitoring any comodo files.

Any more thoughts? I'll try them all:D

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

You might want to do a scan and then "Save Logs" afterward, then check for lines in the program logs near the bottom that indicate "Monitoring". For example, if Comodo's DLL is listed as (Unknown) and it gets injected into a bunch of processes, WRSA will monitor those processes.

If Comodo is doing non-network firewalling, you'll want to see if it's monitoring anything in the WRData folder (ProgramData on Vista/7 and Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data on XP).

You can also try turning off the Basic Config setting "Store execution history details" in WSA and see if that has an impact. Overall, though, it sounds like Comodo is either interfering with WSA in a way that makes WSA have to work harder, or is doing something that WSA is really interested in and working harder to watch.

If all else fails, you can visit Webroot's support system and open a ticket, because I don't think I've ever seen anybody else have a problem with Webroot and Comodo. They will be able to instruct you in how to get logs and they'll take a look at what might be up.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Out of curiosity, what are your WSA firewall settings? It may be worth setting them to the defaults if you aren't on them.

Thanks!

6. Jeroen1000

Settings were left at defaults. I am blocking some programs though, like the pesky googleupdate.exe.

I have removed Comodo now (I restored an earlier Acronis image), and set the WSA firewall to the highest security mode. Now, every time a new program needs access to the internet, my computer freezes (like a full freeze, not even the clock ticks along and the mouse cannot be moved) 2-3 minutes. I've gotten 1 record freeze of 5 minutes:'(

I'm now solving another issue with a support engineer and then I'll revisit this issue.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.