Wrong Drive letters after restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wssn00b, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wssn00b

wssn00b Registered Member

I have TI 9.1 Ent with Univ Restore and attempted to restore a server to different hardware. Booted with restore cd, selected entire disk for restore, with UR. Restore was reported as successful, but when I went to reboot, the server did not boot. Apparently the disks were recovered with incorrect drive letters - c: was d: etc. What is the quickest way to recover from this? Run repair install? Any other suggestions? TIA!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try a search for "wrong drive letters" in the forum. I've seen other users report this, but didn't pay attention to the solution, if any.

3. wssn00b

wssn00b Registered Member

I read alot of posts - and I don't think I can do any of them besides a repair or a reg hack to fix the drive letters. The drive won't boot ( c:\ got restored as d: ) so the best recourse seems BartPE and regedit from there? Any other expertise or can someone tell me ways to avoid this from happening? It doesn't seem to effect all restores - just the one's I really needed!

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

During the restore, was the receiving drive the only drive attached?

If no, then was the extra drive removed prior to the first bootup following the restore?

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

How about repeating the restore but only restoring C first to put it on the right drive?

6. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

When I had the similar thing happened to me, after I did a restore on T.I. 9 of my c: (winxp pro sp2)drive it ended as f: drive and would go into a endless loop during bootup. After 3 days of troubleshooting (trying different harddrives, editing boot.ini file, using repair console to edit system folders, repair installations of xp etc) I finally got it fixed using "paragon justboot corrector" to change the drive letters on the installed unbootable harddrive.After changing the drive letters (less than 5 minutes)and rebooting, the computer booted up with no further problems. This is a quick way to fix it, but you have to buy the program to see if it will fix it, the demo only shows the bootable os on the harddrive. This is the only thing that worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.