Writing backups to DVD and CD ROM

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jongie, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jongie

jongie Registered Member

I have build 3633 that, according to the FAQ, should write and read DVD-R and DVD-RW without additional packet writing software. Correct? However the pdf manual shipped with the downloaded product says I do need packet writing software to use DVD's of any sort. Which is correct? If writing DVD-RW, does it have to format the disk first?

As a new user I tried writing a backup to a CD, expecting it to to tell me to insert a fresh CD when the first was full. It didn't - the backup stopped with 16 seconds to go and everything just sat there - HDD and CD showing activity lights on permanently. Obviously it wasn't going anywhere so I tried ejecting the CD, which wouldn't. In fact I had to reset the PC in order to get the CD out.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

Regards

jongie

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello jongie,

The TI 9.0 Home User's Guide is incorrect and Acronis Support has confirmed that it will be amended. So, no, you don't need to preformat DVD Rewritable disk any more. However, be aware that if you have third party UDF packet writing software installed e.g. InCD, make sure its "autoformat on blank disk insertion" feature is disabled. For InCD, right click on tray icon, select "Options" and under "On blank disk insertion" select the "Do nothing" radio button.

Also, please do read these previous threads titled <TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 - Imaging Direct to DVD> and <TI 9 - Build 3633 - Can't span DVD disks> regarding certain problems with the new imaging direct to DVD feature.

Well of course it should work :), so it looks as if something is going wrong. It could be that some other CD/DVD recording application is active and interfering with TI or the CD is damaged/poor quality.

Regards

Regards

jongie[/quote]

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jongie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In addition to what Menorcaman has said, I would also like to mention that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Users Guide has already been corrected. It's latest version can always be downloaded from Homecomputing Documentation section of our web site. You may also find the respective FAQ Article describing Acronis True Image's DVD-writing capability helpful.

Please also note that the new build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home containing the fixes for some of the direct DVD-recording problems listed in the threads mentioned by Menorcaman has just been released. You can download it from the Product Updates section of your account at our web site. To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

If you encounter any problems saving backups to DVD using the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.