Writer Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ddyszel, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddyszel

ddyszel Registered Member

First let me say how impressed I am with this forum. The content is supurb and the advice seem to be complete and easy to understand. That being said, I have gone thru the threads looking for this problem with no success.

I have just downloaded the latest TI 8.0 trial edition. I figured an easy test would be to clone my 30GB nternal main drive (1) to a new 200GB Maxtor firewire drive (4). I used manual settings to reduce the size of one partition. The process seems to go smoothly until I get "Unable to write to Disk 4 Sector 28743". Pressing "Ignore" I find that it can't write to 28743-28755. I tried "Ignore All" but no matter what I try I end up with "Operation Error: Write Error."

I've run Chkdsk /f and /r on the new drive and no bad sectors show up. The same for the source disk. I'm running Win2K SP4 and neither disk is dynamic. I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem. Does anyone have a clue to what the problem is?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Looks similar to the problem posted in this <previous thread>. Unfortunately, as at the 24 Feb, it doesn't indicate whether there is a solutuion.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. ddyszel

ddyszel Registered Member

As a follow up, I have sent all the requested into to Acronis and thank them in advance for their help.

I also went into the C: drive and cleared out a lot of files and made sure that there were not files even approaching 4GB that might cause a choke on transfer. But that didn't help either. I have contacted Maxtor about check their drive for problems, unfortunately, their PowerMax checking program runs in DOS and does not recognize Firewire drives.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ddyszel,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Acronis Support Team. If you don't get any reply within 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.