WOW! what happend to Kaskersky AV personal pro?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Borel, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Glad to be of assistance, you should go through the Uninstalling Norton SystemWorks 2001 manually from Windows NT/2000 and perhaps also run Rnav2003 it's for version 2003 or earlier, before installing Kaspersky.

I hope the suite works out for you, otherwise you will always have the AV, you can go with.

You should visit us at:http://forum.kaspersky.com/ if you have more questions. :)

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I had to clear out Norton Internet Suite from a new laptop yesterday. It was a major pain (no doubt by design). Suffice to say that their "uninstall" procedure leaves plenty of folders, programs, and registry entries behind. I had to hunt down all of the folders/programs (there is one in program files/common files), delete everything manually, and then run RegSeeker (I safely deleted all entries marked as green) to clean the machine. I was then able to cleanly install a copy of KAV 5 Pro trial on the machine. I can honestly say that cleaning out Norton is excellent preparation for learning how to clean out viruses. :)

Rich

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi jlowell,

I would highly recommend that you read all of Don's sticky posts on the kaspersky forum. They should really be part of the installation procedures. Following Don's recommendations will minimize the possibility that you may have installation errors. Don continues to provide great support on all forums he is involved with.

Rich

4. Jeremy2

Jeremy2 Registered Member

8k memory usage for kavsvc.exe, and 1K for kav.exe :eek:

NB: Mail and network protection are disabled.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  5. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

8k? or 8mb? there's a difference between 8k and let's say 8192kb which actually means 8mb....

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I think he means 8K=8000KB :)

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

three 0's is nothing, means zip .. so mathematically spoken he's allmost right, he just missed one thing = a comma :D :D

Nice try Jeremy ;)

8. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

Just would like to also add my praise for this new release. It starts off using mid-twenties MB RAM but after 5 mins or so it settles down to about 9MB in total (8 + 1 as others have reported). There is definitely a noticeable speed increase in opening web pages and opeing folders in windows explorer. I have istreams and network detection off.

I'm very impressed. Can't wait for v6

9. Jeremy2

Jeremy2 Registered Member

Thanks infinity, that was my subliminal message :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.