Wow FDISR! Why are you not being updated ;(

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by apathy, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

With today fast systems and keep yo system small,restore an image takes just a bit more time as with copy/update with FDISR from archive.
    I have a smal system on C part.(15 gig) restore take just 5 minutes,obviously using Shadow Protect. ;)

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Me too, but I prefer archives to clean my computer daily. No CD, no external HDD, no image selection, just a simple reboot. I can't do that in less than 2 minuts with SP and repeat that during each reboot.

3. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Am I right in thinking that archives are snapshots that you can store elsewhere? So that if by some nightmare both your snapshots you can copy/update from the archive to the primary snapshot.

Erik you mentioned that you clean your PC using archives? How is that?

I honestly wish someone would continue FDISR. In the last few weeks I have put it through Hell and back and it comes through always.

4. ErikAlbert

That is correct and the most preferred method of FDISR-users, rather than using a rescue snapshot. Most of us have an archive of each snapshot. The number of archives is unlimited and they can be stored anywhere.

That is a very long story from 2006.06.01 until 2007.10.01. I can't explain this in one little post and you have to agree with the philosophy behind it first, you probably won't even like it. I'm probably the only FDISR-user who uses ShadowProtect and FDISR in this way.

Say that again, but FDISR v3.21.205 is TERMINATED, only the very expensive server edition survived.
    I'm already thinking of another solution to replace FDISR somewhere in the future. I can't work with a dead software, that has no future anymore.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

FDISR is not just the perfect ISR around its the ONLY software that can assimilated in almost any existent runing pc`s environment .

i mean u dont have to prepare the pc for FDISR , you just install it and with the proper knowledge adjust it in notime (out of the box).

unlike SP/ATI/DS.........u cant assimilated thoos in any pc environment without the proper approach

cheers:)

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

They aren't quite snapshots, as they can't be booted. YOu stll need some kind of second snapshot to boot to. THen you can copy/update from the archive.

7. apathy

apathy Registered Member

This is the very sad part about it, I bought eaz-fix to find out that it hogs hard drive space and doesn't give it back. At least FDISR tells you how much the snapshot size is. I just don't see anything out right now that can comes close other than running your OS out of VMware.

8. ErikAlbert

Yes the volume of each snapshot is very stable, because I keep a good eye on this in order to check my cleaning solution.
    My off-line snapshot is always 3.22gb and after my video work it often contains 15gb upto 45gb, but after cleaning it with an archive, it's always back to 3.22gb.
    Also the volume of [C:] is always around 10.2gb according Windows Explorer.
    If I wasn't playing so much in my online snapshot, I would always have the same volumes. :)

9. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

QUOTE: "Originally Posted by alloucho
    You can get the latest updated FDISR Version from here:
    http://www.spursuits.com/bootback/download.asp

QUOTE:" Don't misled people,FDISR/BootBack isn't sold anymore by nobody period.":UNQUOTE

So what's the deal with these downloads then ? After digging into it deeper, I seem to be able to find downloads at some sites of the FDISR V3.20.202.

Is this the original? And what happens if you install it? Is it a trial which becomes a dead end after so many days because you can't get an activation license?

I have come across some sites in which you pay up-front to download FDISR and I wonder if they have license activatio numbers in reserve, or are just unscrupulous vendors?

Tim

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The website says it's a 30d trial. I didn't try the link.

Pete

PS. Should you find another links, please don't post them

11. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

Hi Pete.

I have found plenty of sites that offer the download, and I will be sure not to post them. (I did not post that other link... it was merely a quote from an earlier post in this thread.)

I was wondering how Leapfrog handles such downloads? Especially since some of them seem to be actually selling the download.

I'm always leery of such downloads considering all the viruses and malware out there.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.