wow config for v4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

im getting very tired, don't even know if this is a eset problem, but i wont be reinstalling another version, before i remove it is there any settings i need to change for world of warcraft? i log into game after 10/ 15 minutes latency goes through the roof, dissconnects have to log back in, my guildies tell me im the only one with a problem.
    everythings on default ie7 and ff working fine, no other security programs, have done all the usual wow stuff deleted cache wtf and interface files reset all other files and reset my router any help would be great.
    thanks

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

You could try playing with the firewall disabled to see if it fixes the problem, but to my knowledge it shouldn't be whats causing your problem.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i have and it's still the same, i have only had this problem since i upgraded from v3 to v4 maybe it's co-incidence all other connections seem ok. thanks for the reply.

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Disabling a firewall is not a solution -- it's a problem.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nobody told him to disable the firewall permanently, just to try it to see if it makes a difference.

Just to be sure, did the problems begin occuring right after installing ESS?

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

they did and i think i have found another. just before i changed to v4 i made a back up (always do) after i installed v4 i had many many more entries in device manager> network adaptors (eset miniport/ firewall etc) never had these with v3.
    anyway i unistalled v4 from start menu completely, rebooted and the problem remained, it was only when i did a full system restore that these entries in device manager and my wow problems went away. i shall leave v4 for a while i think, amongst other things it doesnt seem to install/ un-install cleanly at all and to my knowledge there isnt a removal tool.
    thank god for acronis.
    this is my thread on the install part https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=233736

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does changing firewall integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" and restarting the computer make a difference?

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

sorry marcos im back with v3 now, i didn't try to be honest so cannot answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.