Would you want to use a PAID security program that advertised?

Discussion in 'polls' started by STV0726, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Would you want to use a PAID security program that displayed advertisements?

Poll closed May 27, 2012.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    95.4%
  1. Sevens

Sevens Guest

I have licenses for 4 different products going to waste and that is one of the main reasons.

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I can accept to a certain extent a free security program displaying ads for it's commercial counterpart (to 'encourage' users to upgrade is fine but no scare tactics) or to display ads for a paid service by the same company/vendor, provided it's not too obtrusive. That is understandable from a marketing perspective.

However, I can't say the same for a paid security program. The end user has already paid in support of the company so there is little to no valid/justifiable reason for the vendor/company to place ads for these users.

All that said, I am not in favor of 3rd party advertising in a security program, be it free or paid.

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Very well said. I agree 100% :D. Security program that offers ads about toolbar, registry boosters/cleaners, etc..., for me, are not trustworthy. They must know that these can damage the system (except for the toolbar) and they are the one that must prevent it.
    As for the PAID security software that is offering 3rd party ads, there's only one thing I can say. They are GREEDY.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Greedy or broke perhaps.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

"greed is good" :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.