Would you use Panda Internet Security 2008 for $30?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Straight Shooter, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

Generally speaking, I think some people, companies, and even governments are afraid of having a security company that is tied in with what some call "an insidious cult" monitor or be responsible for their virus protection. Wheras I also would have to say I think that's ridiculous, Scientology has been said to profit on "fronts" and the general public's lack of knowledge. I do know they can be pretty high pressure, but so can a nun at a Sunday Mass.. LOL..

I suspect some others don't want to spend any money and think that even a penny is going to the "Church"..

Do I think it's a Church?

Well, I'm not a fan in the least of L. Ron Hubbard..
    Jim

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

good find bigc

if i didnt have my 3 year drweb, 26 year f-secure and a 2 year bitdefender, i might just get that, at that price. :D

as for the religious mumbo jumbo, i think panda just pay donations to the cause, its nothing more or less than what avira do.

3. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

How much did THAT cost you? LOL...

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I will disagree with this one though, as there is a distinct difference between,
    Panda and Avira.

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

lol, only $18 / £9.20

my brother is after 1 year, and he wants it for free.... grrr!

@jeff

of course its different, but i meant its similar in the fact that its just a donation.

however, avira add the donation to the price of the antivirus, and 'i think' panda dont, the beliefs or whatever of someone, should never change the view of a product.

it is their money, who are we to tell them what they can and cant do with it.

If they want to donate some to this cause, so be it.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

agreed, but Avira states their intentions up front and Pandas was kind of closed doorish. It was a long time ago, and neither, takes away or adds to the product for what you purchase it for. Actually I like Panda, just cant get it to ever run right. Their stand alone AV is really a great product.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. guys, enough of this religious chatter. The religious (or ethnic, or racial, or whatever) affiliation of either the founders, or some members of a company, should be of no concern when discussing the merits or otherwise of their products or services.

Any more posts along these line and the thread will be closed.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.