Would you recommend I "remove" files once they're qurantined?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by I_need_help, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_need_help

I_need_help Registered Member

There are a lot of viruses and whotnot that have been "safely quarantined" and/or cleaned thanks to ESET. I can find them when I click on tools and go to the quarantined section.

But I really want to delete them completely, to erase them into cyberspace or whatever and never have to look at them again. But it doesnt seem to be able to do that, and it really annoys me. I keep having this inkling of a feeling that the viruses seep through and go right back into infecting my system or something. Isnt there anyway of getting rid of them? I myself really dont know how the sytem works

Any help would be much appreciated

2. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

What happens when you highlight one of the quarantine entries and hit DEL on your keyboard? (Or highlight then right-click>remove)

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

The first time any file is quarantined by ESET NOD32 Antivirus this folder is generated,

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine,

by default.

The quarantined file was renamed and split into 2 pieces. One with an nqf extension and one with an ndf and then placed in that folder.

To manually delete it you can go there and do so if you like.

Thank you,
    BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.