Would RegRun offer me any added protection?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by I_lack_commonsense, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_lack_commonsense

I_lack_commonsense Registered Member

Hi

I have read many good comments and feedback of RegRun and when I tried it myself I was also very impressed (even with the speedy response of there support). However, I am also running KAV, TDS, WG, and some other security and privacy software. So I guess Im wondering if it would be a good purchase. And what kinda potential threats that would get by KAV, TDS, and WG that RegRun would be able to stop.

Thanks in advance
    I have visited this site quite often and I must say it is really a great source for security information. (So please dont let me down ;) )Seeing so many developers of such great software at one place is really superb. Keep up the great work.

2. root

root Registered Member

I too have good protection in place, plus I use RegRun3 Gold. It never hurts to have an added layer of protection like it offers.
    I use it a lot to control what loads at startup. Can easily make temporary changes. I like the fact that it watches important registry keys. I have it set to watch critical files and program exe's.
    It can offer strong protection against viruses, worms, and trojans, in case any new ones show up and get past my AV or AT. It does not depend on signature files. Every day, people get burnt by new malware that has not been added to the signature databases yet. I don't want to be one of them.
    Plus it has all kinds of tools to use, not found in AVs and ATs. I believe it is money well spent.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I also use RegRun Gold and could not make any comments better than root. It is definitely not a program I would do without!!!!

Have a karma cookie root for an excellent post!!!!

Regards,
    Kent

4. root

root Registered Member

Well, thank you very much Kent. :D

5. I_lack_commonsense

Thank you for the replys.

I guess I was thinking much on the same lines, but needed some PROFESSIONAL advice for reassurance :) .

Was also wondering if I should add any additional system files to the default list that RegRun has set up for file checking? Im running Win2k SP3.

6. root

root Registered Member

Sure. Things like your AV,AT,RegRun, exe's that load your protection should be watched. Any other important files you don't want messed with. Let RegRun keep an eye on them for you.

7. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Hi root! I missed my wife, my work and this board for the week I was gone. After being away and reading posts from members/mods, it's a good reminder of what good people we have here at Wilders. Excellent post in describing an important component in intrusion detection. I mentioned it a minute ago in a post about intrusion detection in "Other Security Issues" in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=6617

John
    Luv2BSecure

8. root

root Registered Member

Hi John. Glad you are back. Nobody here can take the place of what you do for this board. We each try to do our part, and I'm glad you're giving us your input again. ;)

9. I_lack_commonsense

Was actually wondering more on the lines of windows system files. The default list on RegRun's file checker looks pretty comprehensive but just wanted to see if there was anything I could possibly add. I installed Filechecker once before and the little tutorial was a great help in understanding the importance of checking exe files of security software and things like your default browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.