would Cyberhawk and Arovax Shield be a good combo?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Anyone else think that using Cyberhawk with Arovax Shield would be a good combination for protection? Both are set and forget, and I think may actually compliment each other fairly well. I am (of course, LOL.) thinking about using the two with AVG AV and FW, (of course, LOL.) and just feel the two together may offer better protection than AVG Antispyware would. I just hope to hear from some other people (again LOL) in hopes of making a decision if i should just stick with AVG AS along with the AVG AV and FW.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

Does somebody know if Arovax Shield protects from anything (apart from cookies) that CyberHawk not?

3. duke1959

It watches certain Registry areas, Start up folders, Windows policies, Executable files, Auto start sections, and at this point I think it may be much better than Winpatrol Free. Since it is still relatively in the early stages of development though, it doesn't cover nearly what a full fledged HIPS does, but that's why I thought it would make a great addition to Cyberhawk.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. btman

btman Registered Member

5. duke1959

I swear I searched this time before starting a new thread. The saddest part of not finding that other thread though, is not remembering I posted in it. LOL. I truly am sorry, but I will add that Arovax Shield and Cyberhawk are running fine together so far along with AVG AV and FW. Also the two together are only showing 22MB of memory right now in Task Manager, which is still around 15MB less than the AVG Antispyware Component used at close to 40MB when it was installed. Plus I still can't help feeling that Arovax Shield and Cyberhawk offer much better protection than AVG AS does with just signatures. Anyone?

6. duke1959

Just wanted to know something. If you had to choose just one of these to use, which one would you keep? Think about it. When was the last time you were infected? (see the thread in here) And when was the latest 0 Day threat that we had? I'm not dissing Cyberhawk, but I must say doesn't keeping Arovax Shield make more sense for everyday use? I know CH detects Rootkits, and watches for behavior detection which speaks volumes about it's protection. However, with what Arovax Shield now covers, I believe it is just more practical for an everyday user. It also uses a lot less memory than CH and even though it isn't much, AS has more control of things within it's Users Interface than the free version of CH does. For a nice lightweight HIPS of sorts, I simply think Arovax Shield is a nice addition for any average everyday user, and is improving. For the more risky user, I think Cyberhawk is without doubt important and will do what it claims. Anyone agree with any of this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.