Would appreciate any type of respond if you can Acronis ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi … I haven’t heard anything as of yet with why I got this problem from uninstalling True Image 9…First off when I purchase this software back in ( Jan /06 …TI 9 ) I had made from the beginning a backup image tib data from my master hard drive onto my slave second hard drive , There no errors or problems with this tib image … My problem all started when I was looking at my Add and Remove Programs area , I notice I had 2 entry of True Image 9 , I’m assuming one was for the latest build and the other from an older build , Though I couldn’t tell which was which , So I decide to uninstall both …. Afterward I just redownload the latest build again , I went to reboot the computer and was shown the following problem when it try to load windows

Verifying DMI Pool Data >> NON-system disk , Press any key

Every time now when I boot up my computer I am present with this problem , Why from just uninstalling the both copies of TI9 am I receiving this ? At that present time of day, The only thing I have done on my computer was to uninstall both copies TI9 and reload it with the latest build … What I did to correct the problem was ? I went and restore the first backup image I had made back from the day I purchase this software (Jan/06) , I place my first ever copy of the True Image 9 rescue disk which is from the same build and time of day that the backup is from , I went to give the rescue disk a try by rebooting the computer ( Keep in mind now, I am using the latest build program 3633) , On the next boot up Acronis rescue disk started to load , I try to select the tib backup image from my slave hard drive , On this slave drive? There is no other data beside this backup image, I couldn’t selected or even load the image because it gave me a pop up window saying something down the line its not a acceptable True Image backup copy , I was curious as to why it wouldn’t work ? So I figure just to make a new rescue disk with the latest build 3633 and give that a try , This time it work , Why didn’t the very first rescue disk I made work ? Its from the same version TI 9 , Just not the same build , Because of that rescue disk wasn’t from the latest build … I’m curious to know every time now when I update to the latest builds of TI 9 , Do I also need to make a new rescue disk with every update builds ? I am using Windows xp pro retail version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 , Everything is up to date with Microsoft update site , I have no issues at all with sp2 , Been using it ever since it was available , I have plenty of ram 1gb , No yellow exclamation mark in the devise manager area , I am really curious to know why I received this problem in the first place , Can you provide an answer or some sore of clue as to why it happen ? Thanks

PS : I still believe this is a great program

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, a friend of mine had a similar problem with the non system disk... Press any key. As I understand it, he was using the Secure Zone and the Recovery Manager (the part of TI that install the "Press F11 to load Acronis" message at boot up when he tried to install one version over another. He corrected the problem by creating a new Secure Zone and installing the Recovery Manager and then uninstalling it and removing the SZ.

As far as your other problem, the image file format changed with Build 3567 (or possibly one before that), so that earlier Recovery CDs can't read images made with that build or later. Later Recovery CDs can read all the images.

3. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi … Okay now this make some sore of sense, I did have the “Startup recovery manager “ active , because I had this method should I have removed the recovery manager first before uninstalling TI9 ? Does that method keep 2 copies of TI9 listed in the Add and Remove Programs area ? Or might it been because I installed the latest build and it never over ride the older build ? When you update to the latest build , Does it not remove the previous build ? I’m trying to figure out how 2 entry where listed in the Add and Remove area … Lastly it would be best then to have a rescue disk from the same build tib backup image ? Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TerryFox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, there should not be such situation (two different entries of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on the same computer). Every Update should overwrite the previous one.

You do not need to deactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager or remove Acronis Secure Zone before uninstalling Acronis True Image from a PC. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager should work as usual even if you have uninstalled Acronis True Image within Windows.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.