Worth changing?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mistycat, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I presently use ZA 4.5 free and am 100% stealth and am having no problems. Is there any point to upgrading to Pro or using a different fw? Thankyou

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Mistycat,

As for the firewall, you do not need to upgrade to the pro version, as you said, you are perfectly stealth now, what more do you wish.

The pro version has some more bells and whisles.

rgds,
    Martin

3. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

ok. Thanks

4. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi - the Pro version offers better outgoing protection. example - malware can write itself into the program control of the free version to allow access to the internet to communicate with its host. in the Pro version, this is prevented by way of needing a password to do this. i know of this from personsl experience.

in the Pro version, Mailsafe will automatically quarantine/remove infected attachments.

i purchased the Pro version for $10.00 [on sale] - money well spent in my opinion.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thanks for that Peaches, it is good to see some personal experience, I've only ever used ZA Free, may look at going to Pro when they run a bundle or special...

Cheers :D

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I can second Peaches recommendation.
    In multiple installations, I never experienced the 5.x problems that others were having. Although I haven't tried the latest "problematic" version.
    The pro version is definately worth it. Unless you feel adventurous, and want to try a different (dare I say more robust) rules based firewall.

P.S. ZA Pro can set up Expert Rules but (in my opinion) it is more of an application based firewall. It does a good job for what it was designed for.

7. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

sometimes computer shops clear previous year software but that is okay cuz when u register, u get all the updates & u are notified by way of a pop up when there is an update available.. kinda sneaky but it works well for me & saves money. also Broderbund offers huge discounts on their other software. :cool: :D

8. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

I don't have a link, but if you look around, you can find ZA Pro 4.5 for free.

9. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

A legal copy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.