Worse software experience in 15 years!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bummed, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bummed

Bummed Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion on this Passmark program. Wish their USB 2.0 loop back plus was not proprietory. I've already got the other loop back plugs. Looks like a very thorough program.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Bummed,
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it never hurts to examine alll possibilities. We had a forum member who had a problem with Fix-It. Here's a copy of his post:
    Maybe it can help. ;)

3. Bummed

Bummed Registered Member

Have been using Fix-It since the time it was owned by Ontrack before they sold it to V-Com. Do not keep the icon in the tray, and have experienced no conflicts with the software. They do have a separate compatibility module, but I have not had any requirement to use it.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

5. Bummed

Bummed Registered Member

I was not aware of this link, thanks for the referral. However, subsequently through the judicious of "End It All" which successfully stopped 30 active programs, I was able to get a clean uninstall, and reinstalled build 826. The BSODs have continued. A full ATI Report and a Belarc Advisor Report has been sent to Ilya for analysis. Currently awaiting their comments.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It is a good one, hope it helps :) It certainly did for me.

To answer your previous question, if you didn't already find it yourself, disabling the serial ports would not affect the SATA drives. Sorry it took so long to get back here. Although it may be moot at this point, I wanted to note that my system did not show any typical thermal issues when I was getting BSODs, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely, but I would go with the current course of action this thread has taken. I can still recommend Arctic Silver 5, though, even as an aside. It does make a difference :)

7. Bummed

Bummed Registered Member

I D/L Passmark and configured it to only check the 3rd hard drive, nothing else. Part way through the process, a BSOD stops the process, and the PC reboots. I thought surely the Passmark log file will show what happened. Nothing shown in the log file. o_O Have not D/L and tried Artic Silver 5, and have to find the appropriate way to burn the Knoppix file (only 710MB :eek: ) so that it can be read on boot up.

The prior problem of not being able to produce the ATI Report using their software module, where it would stop upon "Serial" and then BSOD, has been solved by using "End It All" to stop about 30 programs from running, so that I was able to get a clean uninstall, and reinstall of build 826. This has not stopped the continual BSODs however.

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You might try it on another drive on the same port, this would tell you if it's a problem with the drive itself or something in between.

BTW, Arctic Silver 5 is thermal compound for your CPU, linked earlier in the thread :)

9. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

This could be a heat related problem. Have you checked your CPU's, mobo's temperature and that all the fans are running as they should. It would not hurt to clean out the dust from the cpu fins and fan plus the internal fans and in the psu.

HTH
    John

10. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Was this ever resolved?

11. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Perhaps it WAS a heat related problem ;) :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.