Worried

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hitbit, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitbit

hitbit Registered Member

I have installed the trial version of Trueimage 10 but having visited this forum I have to say that I am worried about using it. Everyone here seems to be havingdifulty getting the programme to do what it is suppossed to do.

hitbit

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

It's probably a matter of interpretation of what you see.
    I use a forum such as this primarily to learn from (or offer advice if I know what I'm talking about, and I do not yet know this product).
    The problems people report, while many may well be and are real, are just that - problems. What you do not see here are people who have no problems, because there's no reason for them to come here in the first place.

Just my opinion :)

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

So very true, act8192 I have a few friends who I have recommended True Image to and although I seem to have my share of problems, they have had none whatsoever. My problems have not been so serious that I would not continue to recommend TI to my friends. Most of my problems have work arounds which I have found on this forum.

I have not had experience with TI 10 but I am sure that help and work arounds will be found on this forum.

4. ugc

ugc Registered Member

FYI, I also have been using TI for years with NO problems. It has saved my butt many times.

You say you dl the trial, give it a go, and if it works fine, it should continue to work fine.

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

If the trial works for you the real version will work for you. You may hit problems if you change your hardware, but in any case you should always try to reestablish confidence under such circumstances.

This involves (as a minimum) ensuring that saved images verify/validate from *both* windows and the rescue disk. Ideally you should also prove your disaster recovery works by actually doing a restore.

One final point. Assuming all your hardware is working fine and you have proven your system, the only thing to scupper you is if your saved copy of your image becomes corrupted. Try to make more than one copy, occaisionally, to a different medium, and ninethly, don't save your images to the same physical drive as your source if you can help it. Stick it on a distinct disk drive.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.