WormGuard & W32.Sobig.A@MM

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Peaches4U, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sounds all very good P4U, keep it going!
    Oh, and for your newsletter, don't forget the Port Explorer and AutostartViewer, very good tools in detection and stopping life trojans in their actions. Much more in the build so tell them to check back often in this and DCS forums at www.diamondcs.com.au/forum/index.php
    And remember, membership for both forums is free :)

BTW once there, think of this thread:
    http://diamondcs.com.au/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Although dealing with the virus has been somewhat frustrating - I now know my computer much better and can also sense almost instantly if there is something amiss. In all, it has been a great learning experience looking at it from a positive point of view. I checked WormGuard to run the file - nothing being there as an active virus anymore, no alarms. A virus scan was immediately done and came up clean. What a relief. :p

My next Club newsletter comes out in June and I will probably devote a full page to internet safety with reference to your forums, etc. The club as a whole is reaching an 80,000 membership but our Canadian Chapter, although not as great in number, does reach readers right across North America. The bulk of my newsletters are sent via attachment which is why it is so extremely important for me to have a computer that is 100% clean - my mail is always trusted. I may even write an article for the National magazine as I have had other articles on varying subjects published. With all the great help I received here, I was able to achieve my goal in good security. Again, many thanks with sweet peaches to all. :D

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Peaches4u, Glad your feeling secure at last!
    Sometimes it takes a while to sort these problems out but we do usually succeed in the end. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.