wormguard question

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by 5zigenCivic, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5zigenCivic

5zigenCivic Registered Member

how can i add entire directories to the excluded directories list?

would this work:

c:\program files\firewall\*.*

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Why do want to do this? You should only add files to the exclude list which are shown suspected by Wormguard but are harmless files.

So need to add full directories.

wizard

3. 5zigenCivic

Norton Antivirus wasnt working right so i thought maybe wormguard was preventing it from activating correctly, i since have determined this wasnt the case so I managed to solve my problem :)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad you found it, was it a settings problem in NAV?
    Always happy to learn.

5. 5zigenCivic

well ive experimented and it seems like installing the wormguard protection components disables NAV's liveupdate button, but the liveupdate can be accessed throught the start menu.  I've tried it twice, and both times immediately after installing the protection components the NAV liveupdate button stopped working.  Thats why i was trying to have it ignore everything in a folder, so i could have it allow everything form the NAV folder.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You can also allow the LiveUpdate.exe in WG, not the whole folder, which is always more secure just in case.
    As you know the trojans are hunting for security software on a system in many cases, so let WG and other scans decide if every part is still ok.
    Several years ago before i ever heard about firewalls i had only blinking icons of my scanners, but no software behind it anymore thanks to a team of hackers. So i mean, it can happen.
    Must agree, learned a lot since:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.