Wormguard & Norton Utilities Speed Disk

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Neverforget, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverforget

Neverforget Registered Member

I'm doing a trial run with Wormguard and everything seems to be going well. One oddity occurred when I ran Speed Disk (a defragmenter/optimizer). When I clicked on Speed Disk a SDNT.exe file with 0 bytes popped up on my desktop. This happened more than once. Speed Disk ran fine and did its job. I deleted the SDNT.exe files without it removing the SDNT.exe file from within Norton Utilities in Explorer. This event has never happened before installing Wormguard. I'm not even sure if it is related to Wormguard, because Wormguard did not pop-up with any kind of alert.

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

excerpt from
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=16442&pg=4

"Installation, Deployment, and Central Management
    I used Speed Disk's installation wizard to install the product. The process proceeded smoothly. After the required reboot, I checked for new services and found the Speed Disk service running in the context of the local machine account. When I launched Speed Disk, two processes started: nopdb.exe, the defragmentation engine, and sdnt.exe, the GUI executable. Each process consumed 5MB to 8MB of system resources during a manual defragmentation run. Speed Disk also supports command-line execution, which eliminates the GUI overhead and facilitates batch processing."

Doesn't really answer your question I know, but it may help some :)

The otherthing you can try, is disabling wormguard and running speeddisk. Disabling wormguard is very easy. In the left hand side of wormguards GUI, you just choose remove...takes half a second.

3. Neverforget

Neverforget Registered Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.