Wormguard & Installing Programs

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by darkmatter, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Ive just installed wormguard on my xp machine with no problems. However I was wondering if I have to remove the protection when I install new programs or whether it is safe to let it run in the background?

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi darkmatter
    i have discovered thru trial and error that its safe to let it run in the background.

Rita

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi DarkMatter, WormGuard does not run resident as such, you will not see it running in Task Manager for instance as it hooks the files as they are opened.
    This is very efficient and uses little resources.

From the DCS website:

Uses a unique non-resident execution hook method to render WormGuard immune to the TerminateProcess and SuspendProcess vulnerabilities that affects all other active security systems.

Provides worm-detection for ALL executed files and filetypes, ensuring the file is safe BEFORE it is allowed to run, making infection almost impossible.

HTH Pilli

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Registered Member

Thanks for the reply ritaann & pilli, just wanted to make sure before i went ahead and installed any more programs, Thanks again.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

On some individual systems it is best to remove temporary the WormGuard protection during installing other programs, but on most systems this is not necessary at all.
    This is trying and see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.