Worm Radar

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dvk01, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

http://wormradar.com/

I am unsure where this fits but here seems as good a place as any

The developer of the product is a senior antivirus bod at one of the biggest AV companies and this is his pet project

Can I invite anyone to assist with it

download the filke from the site and it's a stand alone .exe that doesn't install but can be set to run on windows boot and run in the background

The aim is to build a network of nodes that detect worms knocking on your door and trace them back

I like it

2. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi Dvk,

Tks for this special post.
    I've mentioned WormRadar ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=470446) as an interesting utility to participate intentionally in the fight agaist worms.
    This project works by collecting stactistics and it appears more clear about privacy than what PrevX can do with its datas.

NB: WormRadar does not work with all network configuarations.

Regards

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Yes that's true

it won't work if you are behind a NAT firewall on a router but it does work with most software firewalls

It could be a very useful tool in the fight against worms and the website does show where the current attacks or probes are coming from
    obviously the more who take part, then better the results and it is very clear that all that happens is that a worm is detected knocking on your door and the program sends a message to the developer with what worm & what port it's attempting to enter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.