World‘s first launch of new generation....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Technodrome, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

World‘s first launch of new generation NOD32 on trade fair CeBIT

This year, the trade fair CeBIT in Hannover will become again for seven days the most important place in the world for presenting technological news, modern solutions and new achievements of IT industry. Eset, spol. s r. o., global provider of solutions for computer security, will not be missing. We will persuade our partners and visitors about our qualities from 9 th to 15 th March 2006 in J16 booth in hall 6.

http://www.eset.sk/buxus/images/Pictures/vizual_stanok_cebit.jpg

Eset’s presentation in the environment of simple, clear and direct lines will present to visitors the assets of well-known, awarded and effective ThreatSense system, the core of NOD32, antivirus system. Moreover, the customers will have a chance to really try Eset’s solutions, not only for workstations, but for server platforms as well.

Also other new Eset’s products will have the world‘s first launch on trade fair CeBIT. The first newcomer is Eset Mobile Antivirus for mobile devices. This solution will be available on the fair as Beta version.

Eset, spol. s r. o. will introduce for the first time the new generation of its core product with trade name Eset NOD32 Antivirus. Till now, it is the most significant milestone in development of this system. It will bring the essential improvements not only to user’s interface, but also to the core of the program.

Eset Security Suite is the new solution integrating the abilities of antivirus, anti-spyware, personal firewall and anti-spam control in a single core. World‘s first release of this new conception of data protection will certainly belong to the most significant events.

In the accompanying program Eset will show to the clients, how and why the viruses are created, who makes them, and also their hidden threats when spreading. Eset’s experts and virus lab analytics will reveal the curiosities from behind the scene of this virtual world.

Everyone, who will be interested in fascinating visualization VJ show, or the possibility to try new line of Eset’s products, will have a chance to take part in various competitions. Eset will give a personal i-Pod 30-GB player twice a day and one NOD 32 license every hour. Eset, spol. s r. o. would like kindly to invite all who are interested.

source:www.eset.sk

tD

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

that's a good news. Bad I can't go there. Hope somebody will take a free license for me also. :D

ESET Security Suite seems interesting. I can't wait it, and hope its firewall will be as effective as NOD32 AntiVirus is now. :)

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I hope ESET will "leak" the info when CEBIT starts. Make a sticky here :)
    Hannover is out of my reach so i'll have to dig info from ESET guys :p

4. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

As the current Nod32 has
    "Real-time protection against viruses, spyware, adware, and identity theft"

Then the new Nod32 would have the same??
    And the suite adds Firewall and Anti-spam??

I do not use MS Office, Outlook or OE so Emon & Dmon are off.
    I use The Bat email client with Anti-spam plug in + the usual BL/WL, regexp.

So I wonder if there will be options on pricing as the suite would give me a FW only, or have I got it wrong.
    o_O

5. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Re: World‘s first launch of new generation....

I can hardly wait :D That display looks coooool too btw :)

6. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I sure hope they aren't trying to make a firewall like Outpost Pro (too complicated for me). The Firewall hopefully will be simple enough for less experienced users like myself to use.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I suspect Blackspears going to have to prepare a configuration tutorial for the suite.

8. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

In terms of marketing, the suite will allow Eset to perform that crucial leap in the league of well known AV companies, and I wish them the best of luck as they deserve it.

From my experience, and from other members reports, suites (e.g. NIS, ZA, TREND to name a few) haven't convinced at all (Eset might be the first with KIS to produce a performing product).

As long as Nod is being developed as a single AV, everyone will be happy to choose either way.

10. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Just a Q to ask here, will Eset stil continue its pure AV this means on the AV software and no FW, Antispam etc like what you find in security suites. Reason is I still want to keep and use my ZA Pro 6 and use that as my firewall.

11. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Does this mean that new products are going to be released during CeBit, as in new versions of NOD32?

Will these be Beta versions or final?

12. pykko

pykko Registered Member

think they'll release a beta there at CeBIT, or at least a preview and the beta for Wilders' forum members. :D .... o_O

13. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl right now, counting the days...

That is one cool looking booth though. Makes me proud to know my license money is going to good use! :) Kick butt, Eset guys!

14. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I hate to say this, as I'm just now noticing it in over a year, but is the "eset" logo as shown at the booth a pill? :p

15. gberns

gberns Registered Member

If NOD is doctor at the edge of the disk, why shouldn't the logo be a pill?

16. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

nice way to put it!

17. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

amen to that...

18. petersteiner

petersteiner Registered Member

Are there any news on version 3? The Cebit already started a couple of hours ago.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah, i don't have chance to go to Hannover but i'd certanly like to see whats new in NOD32 v3.x. Tech specs, info, features, screenshots, all are nicely welcome :)

20. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I can't wait, come on just some screenshots or what about releasing public beta version?:)

21. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I think they'll release the beta these days, if they have already finished it. As long as they have what to show on CeBIT it will be available here as well. :D

22. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I've been looking forward to today all week :D

23. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I'm very excited, but I have a strange suspision we won't see the beta until the end of CeBit. Batten down the hatches for a few more days, mates.

24. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I saw v3, it looks nice! ;)

25. fosius

fosius Registered Member

AAAAAAAA:D Tell us something about itttttt:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.