World Backup Day - are your important files backed up?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Minimalist, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

No joke... This is real. On World Backup Day, I installed a backup camera on my car. So there... ;)

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

hahaha, you've made my day. And now, not just you computer but your car is secured as well. :)

hqsec

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

OH Yeah!!

Well, I fell down and got back up!

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Until a couple of years ago I didn´t make backups, but I got a wake up call when my PC started to act funny. :eek:

So now, I have made a double back up (on 2 external HDD´s) of my most important files: favorites, passwords, documents, and software.

Still need to backup: audio (music), video and photos. ;)

6. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

This world backup day thing is like so dumb. You should be backing up your files on a regular basis or whatever schedule CYA.

7. guest

guest Guest

I actually think it's a good idea. Of course we have to back-up regularly. But the thing is most people never bothered to do that up until they've lost their data. This can be the starting point for us all.

Alright then, it's been decided! March 31st will be the World's Backup Day. Let's celebrate it from now on! :cool:

8. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

External hard drives are cheap. There's no reason not to do regular backups, but most are a bit overwhelmed by what is involved.

I do a monthly full image of my computer and daily differentials. All onto one USB3 external drive and then that drive is kept mirrored to another USB3 drive. Redundancy is not futile. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.