Workstation vs. PC Versions - Functional Differences

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pvsurfer, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Can someone please explain the major functional differences between the Corp Workstation Version 8 dnd the 'Regular PC' Version 8... o_O

If this is described on Acronis' site (I looked but couldn't find it), please just point me to the explanation.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pvsurfer,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The major diference between Acronis True Image and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation is that the latter supports remote operations, i.e. you can create the image of a remote computer. All the differences are described in the table at our site. Furthermore, Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation supports launching customer scripts before and after snapshot is taken.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Thank you both for pointing out the major difference between those versions, and for the links.

I happen to use the 'Std. PC' version, but I have a friend whose 2-PCs are connected via a WinXP 'home-network'. Based on your comments, it seems to me that he would be advised to get the Workstation version, since by installing the Workstation version on just one of those PCs he would be able to back up both PCs on his network. Do I have that right?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pvsurfer,

Yes, you are right. Your friend will be able to install Acronis True Image Agent on the remote computer and Acronis True Image (local part) and Acronis True Image Management Console on the other one. After that he will be able to back up one computer via Management Console and the other one in the same way you do it. Also he may install Acronis True Image Agent Acronis True Image Management Consoles on both computers and then he will be able to back up both computers from any of them.

Please note that End-User License Agreement obliges that you purchase a license for each computer where you have Acronis True Image (local part) or Acronis True Image Agent installed. However, you may install both Acronis True Image (local part) and Acronis True Image Agent on the same computer even if you have one license. You may install Acronis True Image Management Console to as many computers as you wish.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. humorme201

humorme201 Guest

If I want the workstation version for only 3 machines how can I purchase that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.