Works with SP2 RC1?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by controler, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I was wondering how well ProcessGuard is working with
    the new Windows SP1 RC1 upgrade?

Thanks

controler

2. Dardasaba

Dardasaba Registered Member

I use it with SP2 RC1, flawless.

3. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Hi controler,

I have the new ProcessGuard 2.0 with Windows Xp Pro SP2 RC1 and for me it's been working great, well except for the BoClean issue, but from another thread I see that it has really nothing to do with the SP2. It's more of a BoClean? or Process Guard? issue.

I have not noticed any other issues between ProcessGuard and SP2, actually I find the whole computer running more smooth and stable. Before installing SP2, I had completely removed ProcessGuard from the computer (not just disabling it) and once SP2 was applied, I then reinstalled ProcessGuard and have not had any problems.

I don't know if uninstalling it was necessary but that's the way I decided to do it.

4. controler

controler Guest

Hello and Thanks

I have been running SP2 RC1 with Bo Clean without any problems
    so I was not aware of a Bo Clean Issue till now.
    Have you noticed how the built in firewall shows stealth on all ports now?
    Or do you have it dissabled and running another software firewall?

So far with Bo Clean, Kav Beta, and Bitguard with Built in firewall
    all seems well here ;)

controler

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, controler

Please:- Is that showing stealth Both in an OUT?

Thanks.
    TheQuest :cool:

6. controler

controler Guest

Even though I have not ticked in advanced options to allow echo requests, this is what GRC reports behind a Actiontec Gateway set to basic.

Solicited TCP Packets: PASSED — No TCP packets were received from your system as a direct result of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed below — they are all either fully stealthed or blocked by your ISP. However . . .

Unsolicited Packets: PASSED — No Internet packets of any sort were received from your system as a side-effect of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed above. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system remained wisely silent. (Except for the fact that not all of its ports are completely stealthed as shown below.)

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

7. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

I have a Microsoft Broadband Router and when I put my computer in the DMZ Zone to test the Microsoft Firewall it pass all tests at GRC.com

To tell the truth right now I'm using BoClean, ProcessGuard and Kav Beta along with Nod32 (backup scanner only) with the Microsoft Firewall as my firewall of choice. I find it easy but effective and when a program wants to initiate inbound connection it alerts me if I want to allow it or not.

I may try others for the outbound filtering but for now I still feel safe with this setup.

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, controler

I assume you last post was to me:-

When I said out I meant MS sending something OUT as it is an MS Firewall, the same as the last one and nobody trusted it as it was just an in bound blocker, now thy have made it both ways, but it is still an MS Firewall.

Thanks for your reply, if not meant for me please accept my apologizes?
    TheQuest :cool:

9. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I have been running sp2 rc1 now for a couple of weeks and have had no problems with pg 2.0 at all also run a 2wire router with hardware firewall with the built in ms firewall enabled all seems well so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.