Working! Vista RC1 on Arconis Disk Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ncdave, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncdave

ncdave Registered Member

All,

I finally got a stable, working Windows Vista RC1 working on my Sony SZ laptop on a new primary partition I created with Arconis Disk Director. I'm submitting this post because my first 4 attempts were unsuccessful, and some helpful tips in other postings helped me solve my problem.

After I created the primary partition and installed Vista - seemingly successfully - I would continually get 'Disk Corruption' errors, especially when trying to install new problems. I ran checkdisk whenever asked (which was almost every boot-up) but it was unable to correct the problems.

I reinstalled Vista twice, and remade the partition, but the problems still occurred every time.

Finally a posting told me to format the partition with Microsoft's tools, not Arconis. I was directed to use the Format tools available under my Windows XP menus as:
    Control Panels > Administrative Tools > Computer Management
    However, when I tried to format the drive, it said it was in use, and could not be formatted. I was able to right-click on the partition drive in My Computer and format it, and then I used the Computer Management format tool (just to be safe; might not be necessary), and then re-installed Vista RC1.

Since then: no problems. Able to easily boot XP Pro or Vista, and the disk corruption issues are no longer present.

Hope this helps someone else...

- ncdave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.