Work with Mozilla Firefox?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Fla_snowman, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fla_snowman

Fla_snowman Guest

Does SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard work with Mozilla Firefox?

2. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Yes, they do :)

(Quite nicely I must add: Spywareblaster even has a feature to enable protection especially for Mozilla Firefox; I work with both - to great satisfaction)

regards,
    Slammer

3. Fla_snowman

Fla_snowman Guest

That was a dumb question on my part, I knew SpywareBlaster worked with Mozilla, I wasn't sure Spyware guard did. Thanks for the reply.

4. themag

themag Guest

does spybot scan files with mozilla firefox as a bowser

5. ARIES2U

ARIES2U Registered Member

hello,
    i downloaded spyware blaster. however the mozilla/firefox did not download with it. my wife downloaded spyware blaster on her computer and all loaded just fine. do you have any ideas on how i can correct this, or get it, or add it? thank you!

6. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Hello, im not sure if im understanding what u mean?

Spyware Blaster & Mozilla firefox are seperate applications, u cannot download spyware blaster and have mozilla firefox in the same download, if u want Firefox u can download it here

after firefox is installed, spyware blaster should detect it & protect it if u "enable all protections"

Note: Spyware Blaster will ONLY work with mozilla firefox 0.8 (nothing higher)

good luck, hope this helps :D

7. ARIES2U

thank you very much for your reply and the download site for mozilla firefox. it is downloaded and spywareblaster picked it up right away. everything is now enabled. q: how do you delete the checked items that have been protected against?

8. ARIES2U

ps-now that i have the mozilla firefox browser, has this replaced my microsoft internet explorer browser?

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just to clarify: SpywareBlaster will work with Firefox 0.8 and higher. :)

Also, Firefox isn't required - it's an "alternative" web browser you can use if you find it to fit your browsing style better than Internet Explorer (it is also more secure in some areas). It offers additional features like tabbed browsing, and a built-in pop-up blocker (Windows XP Service Pack 2, when released, will upgrade Internet Explorer with a pop-up blocker).

If you don't have Firefox or Mozilla installed, SpywareBlaster will still protect everything else that is available on your system - namely the Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites protection. The Mozilla/Firefox protection, in that instance, will be "greyed out" as it offers no benefit if you don't have Firefox or Mozilla installed.

I hope that clears things up. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. themag

themag Guest

it does not replace internet explorer and please do not delete internet explorer

11. MCT

MCT Registered Member

sorry for the mis information, last i heard it only worked with 0.8 cuz in .9 nightly builds i heard they are changing the application directory from phoenix to something else

:D

12. javacool

Yep - that was actually one of the reasons behind the 3.1 release. :) (The original 3.0 version of SpywareBlaster did not support anything above Firefox 0.8.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

13. burrism

burrism Registered Member

I have 2 PCs with XPPro on both as well as Mozilla 1.7 on both. On one machine, Spywareblaster installs and finds Mozilla and protects it. In fact I have to uncheck Excite.com as this loads by default.
    On the other machine, no way can I get the Spywareblaster 3.1 to find and protect Mozilla. I have re-installed both programs numerous times, but no go.
    Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks....

burris

14. Rick164

Rick164 Registered Member

The new upcoming FF 0.9(is at the rc1 fase afaik) isn't working with spywareblaster because it now uses this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<name of user>

Hopefully there will be a update for this, mayb spyware blaster can search multiple folders so that it doesn't lose it's backwards compatiblity with firefox 0.8 :)

More info can be find here and it's posted by ben doodger (one of the firefox developers):

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=81428

15. MCT

MCT Registered Member

it works with both 0.9 nightly's & 0.8 full (nightly is like a "beta")
    so its ready for 0.9 full

HTH :D

16. javacool

Hi,

I hope that's the last change they make for a while. :cool:

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next SpywareBlaster update - thanks for pointing it out! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

17. Rick164

Rick164 Registered Member

Well no, try this thread it explains everything:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=83122&start=0

You also have the so called trunk builds which aren't the final product(and never gonna be 0.9 or 1.0 in the near future)
    Branch builds are getting more updates from the developers lately and that would expain the trunk builds not having this directory change.
    @javacool: afaik this is the last and final dir change(where did i hear this before ;) ) and thanks for updating it in the next version :)

18. Oldfart

Oldfart Registered Member

Sorry about the blank 'reply' (hope I get this one right)

Spywareblaster 3.1 no longer recognises Firefox since I downloaded my latest version of Firefox. Obviously because of the 'Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\ ' change from the previous profile - and fact that I completely deleted my old Firefox profile to get a 'clean install'.

If there is likely to be a long wait for Spywareblaster to be updated to take account of this - is there some registry tweak, or some other tweak I can personally make to get Spywareblaster to recognise Firefox again?

Thanks for your patience.

Running Win XP Pro

19. Oldfart

Oldfart Registered Member

So - no tweaks then?

20. Konaguy

Konaguy Guest

Yeah is there any tweaks ? Inquiring minds want to know ?

21. nicoboss

nicoboss Registered Member

I have "received a reply there" ?
    Sorry, just heard about some users who have the same problem but still no response...

Am I wrong ?

In fact, I first wrote a post there and then discovered that some other users met the same problem. Sorry for twice asking...

Thanks

Nicoboss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.