WordPerfect 12 Office?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

MS Office only came with a free trial on my notebook. I have Open Office, which is not bad.

Today I ordered a copy of Corel WordPerfect 12 Office for $15.
    Does anyone here use that program and if so, how does it compare with MS Office and Open Office if you have used them?

I have no intention of buying the MS Office.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Jerry,

At the risk of getting flamed,:eek: since a lot of folks use Word, I have been using WordPerfect since it's DOS days and would not change for anything. I find things much easier to do and straightforward. I have not tried OpenOffice, since I have not been interested in going to Word or a clone of Word. I use WP for everything and love it. I have gone with each upgrade and not been disappointed yet. I have about 1GO of files I have created with WP and it is too late in life to change.;)

Hope this helps and hope you like it. By the way if you have another way to get a legit copy for $15 let me know, I would be in the market. :D

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

i have wordperfect 12 as it shipped with this dell. i should have spent a few bucks more, and upgraded to word. i had some trouble trying to save my documents using the converter to save them as word compatable so i could send them to people who don't have wordperfect.....what a hassle,,,,it messed up the layout of the document.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Here is where I ordered it. I assume it is legit.
    http://www.viosoftware.com/Corel/?osCsid=e7096a579fc43a907955f5d960c3def3

Have a good day,
    Jerry

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I thought that you could save the document in a Word format.

Open Office has that option, and I tested it by sending an OO document to myself on my other computer which has Word.
    The received document opened in Word.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.