WOOPS!!!!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by FireDancer, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Jooske and Diamond,

Hi to both,

I went to the link and updated for like the 3rd time and still no change I get a kernel error when closeing TDS3 and a MSVBVM60 when closeing WG :mad: :doubt: :'(

Best Regards,

FireDancer

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Firedancer,

You might want to look at (re-)applying all patches/updates from WindowsUpdate, including a reinstall and repatch of IE. I have seen that eliminate strange errors on a *large* number of occasions and, of course, it will help to ensure that your system is fully patched. Also, if you haven't already done so, you might want to stop all processes except Explorer and systray and then do a Defrag (which will force a scandisk if warranted)

Regards,

Dan

3. FireDancer

Hi Dan,

Good Idea I will go and reinstall and patch IE and defrag... i did defrag not to long ago but will run again as i am seemingly running out of options and getting frustrated :mad:.

let you know what the out come is thanks for the reply!

Best regards,

FireDancer :cool:

4. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey :)

Don't forget the OS patches ;)

...and yeah, I appreciate how frustrating something like this can be. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no one else has reported an error like this before so we are "forced" to suspect something "wrong" with your system in some respect. I know that might sound questionable as you are apparently having no other issues with other programs but there is a pretty large population of TDS users that seem to be not encountering the issue you mention.

In any case, there are many things to be done before options run out :D

Looking forward to your posting results on the success of *this* option :cool:

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Think i mentioned the patching / security updates and repair or reinstalling IE via the update site as well as reinstalling the vbrun6sp5 several messages ago as i mentioned in general several of your system files are older then mine?
    Thought you had done those recommendations in the meantime!
    They are not just easy to do and not only for TDS/WG/PE but for better functioning and security of your whole system!
    Remember whem you do such things, to close your antivirus.
    For the defrag you might like to do that in safe mode, to make sure all is closed which is not necessary or could block things.
    Also when doing a repair install or any install --so also from the windows update site-- make sure always the AV is closed.
    I would recommend to start with the scandisk/defrag first, btw, before doing any update.
    If after all these steps the problem persists unexpectedly then come with a new Faber output. And there are more things in our arsenal like looking into your startup programs etc.

Windows makes it really complicated to see which file is newer! Look at this for instance
    your file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ASYCFILT.DLL 9/23/99 144.3 KB 2.40.4277
    mine is newer 15-02-2002 / 184kb / 2.40.4518
    and this one
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSCOMCTL.OCX 5/22/00 1.0 MB 6.00.8862
    mine is newer 6-6-2002 1,0 MB 6.01.9545
    And now this one:
    yours C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVBVM60.DLL 8/21/00 1.3 MB 6.00.8964
    mine hard to say which is newer here 9-12-1998 1,3 MB 6.00.9237
    yours C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TABCTL32.OCX 5/22/00 204.7 KB 6.00.8804
    mine is newer 6-12-2000 204,7 KB 6.00.9043
    which convinced me you did not update,
    and here such another questionmark:
    yours C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VBSCRIPT.DLL 7/6/03 452.1 KB 5.6.0.7426
    mine 14-1-2003 392 KB Ja 5.6.0.8515
    (i recently reinstalled the Windows Script 5.6 another time as it has an updated version, but you see it did not change the production date!)
    yours C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WS2_32.DLL 4/23/99 72 KB 4.10.2222
    mine 8-6-2000 68 KB 4.90.3000
    etc, these are but a few examples, so we can if necessary look again once you finished updating, including the new virtual machine, directX, all the site gives you.

6. FireDancer

Hi Jooske,

Well after a long fight with the computer and running all kinds of checks, getting updates, repairing IE and multitudes of other things I decided to re format ....
    (ewww the dreaded FDISK) :D. Reinstalled windows
    got all critical updates and such... I seem to be running smoothly!!!! ;) Please dont fight that last scan I sent you with Faber Tools as I know you have worked hard on it!! (THANKS BTW!!) but I figured if anything was wrong it was at my end and not with TDS3 or WG.

I have got my Firewall(Kerio 2.1.5) back up and running with NOD32(trial version) and both are working great.
    I am now gonna go get a new down load of TDS3 and WG with the update package and try again. All should go well with fresh install of Win98SE :) I will post back
    with good news hopefully ;). Thanks for all your hard work.. also I will re install faber and get a new print out for you to look at to compare if you like. Be back later!!!

Best Regards,
    FireDancer

7. FireDancer

Hi all,

After a clean install and updates all is working very well
    thanks for all the hard work and effort :D

Best Regards,
    FireDancer

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So, that sounds great! So you're just in time to have today's wonderfull radius3 update 27000 references and 9000 primaries, which is really amazing. and your system running all clean and smooth, what more can we all wish?
    Did you try a full system scan already and got nice results with that (all clean i hope)

9. FireDancer

Jooske,

Gonna go update allthough have to do a manual since not registerd yet but YES!!! all clean and going to run first scan in a bit will post back :)

Very Best Regards,

FireDancer ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.