wont update

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rollers, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have on my computer my own registered version of TI9 and it is version 2302. I cannot update this to the lastest version, it will install but not offer a restart, then shows the same old version 2302.
    I have tried uninstalling to start again, but it will not uninstall.
    It is on a fairly new fresh windows install too and the thought of putting everything back on again is somewhat depressing to say the least.
    So I am kinda stuck unless anyone has any suggestions? The 2302 seems to be working but it would be nice to upgrade to the latest build as it will iron out the bugs.

Looking forward to any replies

Rollers

2. rollers

Unfortunately as well, my only images are post this problem and will not help.

Rollers

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hi Rollers, (I like that salutation)
    Assuming that you are using a Windows system with system restore points available you could roll back to a point before your attempted update. Then uninstall 2302 using Add Remove programs which should then work. Next step would be to install the 2337 upgrade.To be on the safe side I would suggest that you use a fresh download of 2337 as your difficulty may have been caused by a problem with the first download.

Xpilot.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

This is known problem with the installer in B2337. Do as Xpilot suggests and uninstall B2302 and then install B2337 and the version will be reported correctly.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rollers,

A bit long winded but use these <Acronis Support's instructions> to manually uninstal build 2302 and then try installing build 2337 again.

Regards

6. rollers

Hellllp!
    I have solved the problem by going back to a basic early image and reinstalling the new acronis.
    Now every time I log onto my other two users pages, I get this annoying notepad coming up every time with the following on it only

[.ShellClassInfo]
    LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

Any ideas how I can stop this appearing as it is driving me nuts. Everything is running fine otherwise.

Any suggestions will help stop my mental demise over this one.

I have tried searching with regseeker but it brings up no identical matches.

Thanks Rollers

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Put LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787 into Google. It looks like you may have a bad or missing desktop.ini file. I just gave the results a quick glance so my interpretation may not be correct.

8. rollers

Thanks seekforever,

You were on the right track. I actually did a full format and reload from the windows disk and it still did exactly the same. I think it is caused by one of my pieces of software.

A friend of mine found an article on microsoft site and after some desktop.ini file deleting all is well again. I hate problems like this as they are minor in nature but take ages to sort. Now I need some wine:)

Thanks for your help.

Regards Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.