wont update (669)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, bought a laptop, got a month subs left on smart, wont update wont give reason why checked and double checked passwords, all connections default, tried winsock reset stuck 3230 all logs logs give the usefull info update failed, any ideas quickly please as i shall not be using out of date av for long.
    vista security center reports up to date, smart reports im getting 'maximum security' yet the sate says 3255?? i got rid of this off my desktop because i couldnt trust it.
    have cleared cache, but obvioulsy was empty anyway

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Mine is 3.0.667 and also stuck at upd.3250 (old def.)
    Perhaps they have some server issues at the moment .Wait for a while (some hours) and try again

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

ah ok then.

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

i had the same problem earlier but it just updated in the last 5 mins.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i tried again, it downloads 9166kb file or thereabouts, then downloads a smaller one then gives me the error, it seems like a vista privilege thing?

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

it's just updated, it really shouldnt report it's up to date after 5 failed attempts, ie never been updated.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Mine reported the error in a red windows (small red windows appearing above the clock) . Have a look at my log (events)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.