Won't Install, but Fixed. Then, no CD drive listed in Boot Creation Feature

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bmcfarl, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmcfarl

bmcfarl Registered Member

Hi Guys,

After installing True Image and Disk Director, I tried to install the Power Utilities 2006 package. Privacy Expert Suite would not install. I saw on the forums that others suggested uninstalling all other Acronis software first, then install Privacy Export Suite. THAT WORKED! Whew!

Next, after installing True Image and Disk Director, I got an error suggesting that not all the Acronis dll's are installed. I saw on the forums a package to install the dll's. I installed that and rebooted. True Image and Disk Diretor worked fine.

Now, my final problem is the bootable media creation feature in Privacy Expert Suite. When it starts, my CD drives are NOT listed. Only my floppy drive and my camera card (SD's) drives. However, my CD drives are listed in my True Image/Disk Director bootable media creation feature. Why the difference? I don't know.

So, this is where I stand now. I guess Disk Cleanser (part of Privacy Expert Suite) is an older Acronis product that doesn't handle CD's as well as other, newer products such as True Image?

Bryan McFarland
    :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.