Won't Boot after resize attempt

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by techman9, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techman9

techman9 Registered Member

so i have a dual boot WIN7 and Windows vista on my machine. i have two physical volumes, C and D, and i partioned D for a logical volume. When i ran out of space on my WIN7 drive, i added more space with paragon on my Vista install. i did that several times sucessfullly. the last time however, i got paragon thru http://lifehacker.com/5232796/paragon-partition-manager-free-today-normally-40 on my win7 install. when it was time to resize, i did, and the normal boot screen for paragon came up. then i left my computer, thinking it could take a while. when i came back, it gave me the message:
    Code:
    Interuppted operation:
     Insert Recovery disk or other recovery media

So, i went and got the http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ disck, which found no problems.

Based on what i've been reading, it sounds like i need a paragon recovery disk. However, My paragon version didn;t come with one, because it's the free version

I'm totally at a loss,
    Any help is appreciated.
    o_O

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

What does the system tell you when you try to boot up now? Does still say this?

Or do you get a different message?

3. techman9

nope. same message. I think i need the Paragon recovery Disk, which i don;t have. o_O

4. Paragon_MattK

Our recovery CD doesn't do much more then a Windows recovery CD can to repair start-up issues, since your machine is a dual boot, you may need to use the Windows 7 recovery disk.

If the MBR is pointed to the Windows 7 disk, meaning that when you boot up, the Windows 7 BCD decides which OS to start, you should definitely try the Windows 7 start-up repair from the CD, which is also available from NeoSmart:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

5. techman9

ok. i forgot to say. before i tried the neosmart, i made a recovery disc with the other windows 7 computer in the house. It didn't find the 7 install. it didn't even see logical volume. any other ideas? :'(
    EDIT: if it can't be fixed, i just need a way to get the data off

6. Paragon_MattK

7. techman9

ok. a couple questions

1) what's a bart pe?
    2)What exactly will this do?
    3) Any other options?
    4) and before i get all complicated, i'd really like to try paragon's disc. If you can email me the iso, i'll PM you my address.

Thanks so much
    Techman9

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. techman9

Well, i think i may have fixed it. i used the vista command from http://support.paragon-software.com/showthread.php?t=1031 to fix the MBR. IT LET ME BOOT TO VISTA. yay! when i cheked my computer to see if the 7 intsall was there, it wasn't so i opened up paragon on vista to see if that showed the logical volume. When i opeend it, it told me that i should complete the operation. i'm doing that now, and i'll keep you posted THANKS SO MUCH

TECHMAN9
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi techman,

Glad Paragon completed for you.

If you got the PM 10 Personal giveaway, it does come with a boot disc . Click Tools>Recovery Media builder.

apm10-2010-02-09_011642.jpg

It will burn the recovery media to a cd/flash for you.

When you boot the cd/flash, select Normal Mode - then at the main menu, press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace together, to get to the Advanced menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.