Wont alow me to run spyware removal

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by TraceySNez, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraceySNez

TraceySNez Guest

Hi, I have recently installed acronis privacy expert suite all seems to be running fine, except when I attempt to run spyware removal, The process begins for a few seconds then the complete program is closed without warning. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I had tried exactly the same on my laptop and it works fine.
    Thanks all

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TraceySNez,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please see whether the problem persists. If the new build doesn't help please create System Information File (*.NFO)" (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions), also please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Run Acronis Privacy Expert Suite again.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send all the information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. TraceySNez

TraceySNez Guest

in fact my pc wont allow any spyware whatsoever to run! i have run anti virus to no avail!!! help please

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TraceySNez,

Could you please let me know the following:
    1. Can you create the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files? Please send it to support@acronis.com.
    2. Did you send it to Acronis Support? So please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

If you cannot create the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files, please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to us along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Just what are you using to check for virus? I hope you are not using McAfee or Norton :ninja: . ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.