Wondershare Time Freeze: Can you retain program updates, new installs?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by wearetheborg, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

Can you retain program updates, new installs?

Can you retain folder specific changes?

Is there parition granularity in the free version, ie, can I save changes to D: but discard changes to C:?

How does it compare to Returnil Free?

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I've used the free version for about 4 months on windows xp.

As long as you disable protection without rebooting, you retain all program updates and new installs. This happens in both versions 1.0 and 2.0. If you reboot without disabling protection you loose everything this also applies to both versions, currently there is no way to discard changes without rebooting.

From my understanding it only protects your entire c: drive, that is the only option I have seen. The folder protection feature lets you protect folders located on other partitions. You can enable disable folder protection on the fly without rebooting.

I've used both returnil and wondershare and prefer using wondershare. I like the ability of disabling protection without rebooting. Wondershare has proven very reliable for me and use it everytime I'm on the internet.

3. wearetheborg

Dont you also get an option for retaining all changes before reboot in Returnil?

4. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

I have been using Wondershare Time Freeze v1 since the giveaway and really like it. It's lite,simple and data can be retained with out reboot.It can enable protection when windows stat up ,disable access to the protected folders etc...good enough ( my simple needs ) for my notebook and its free.Would like to try v.2 someday ..:thumb:

5. wearetheborg

Ah, so this saving without reboot thing is useful when you want to save something, then start wondershare so that new things arent saved?

6. brainrb1

Yes..if you want to save anything you just turn it off and it will be saved... if you boot without turning it off everything is gone....sometimes i just download some trial game,install and play for an hour then reboot..everything is gone..as i said, enough for my simple needs..:)

7. wearetheborg

Why not tell returnil to save changes before comeputer shuts off\?

8. brainrb1

I have not used returnil ( have a full version giveaway) yet, but i will try it soon.
    I was quite disappointed with Time freeze recently. I installed Lastpass ,but after reboot although the program was gone a lot of registry entries remained.I no longer use Time freeze to install and test software.The installed program can be retained but not removed properly.

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Lets say i install a game that need a reboot to be fully installed so i turn off Time freeze to save the changes.
    It should then be a miracle if i have enough of it and to get rid of the game to just turn on Time Freeze,then reboot and everything is gone ?!

Many people ask the developers to implement such feature( saving changes within the virt.environment between reboots) but there are reasons why that is not their first priority to do so.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  10. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

I don't know if already reported but version 2.0 is available today at GOTD :)

11. brainrb1

Thanks :) .I have got it.Had some problem with V. 1(lastpass bypass issue).Just installed version 2 ,seems nice so far.Thanks to wondershare too for giving it out for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.