Wondering how eset perform in real-time file protection work....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by reevesloh, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Well i been using ESS4 for quite a year now n nothing happen.But last week i installed a new game name "Alpha Protocol" in (F:storage) and after installed it i scan it with "smart scan" and doesn't found any malware.But today when i used Spyware doctor to scan,it show that my system volume information in F:Storage is infected and ESS4 only start take action to quarantine it....(F:storage is a new hard disc i brought and just only install one game) If i dun use spyware doctor to scan it,it is mean ESS4 cannot get through this virus?Why only when i use spyware doctor to scan it then Ess4 can detect while i only run smart scan it dun found any virus?

2. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

could u plz specify what was found, preferably both the eset and the spyware doctor name of the infected file(s).

and though some mod could be more precise i think that the smart scan wont check everything (that would be a deep scan which would take longer) so when another app accesses the "infected" file nod's real time scanner comes in and blocks it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.