Woman sues after firm tracking stolen laptop records nude video chats

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by PJC, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

2. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Fire the company worker for mishandling information, and tell the idiot woman not to buy things from her students..especially 60 dollar laptops, and throw the case out of court. It was sent to the cops, not posted on the web. This doesn't sound like a company issue, but a single ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ not doing his job properly. Too much of this suing BS is holding up courts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
  4. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

I think she should have known something was up when the student sold the laptop for $60. I mean c'mon $60, thats an automatically red flag to me. Plus why would you be buying a laptop from your student instead of from a retailer or something lol...

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Not good though on All "Fronts" ;)

I expect as she's a teacher, this "could" have even more repercussions for her, than some others "might" have in a similar situation !

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Literally Naked Security :-*.

7. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Yes, but the company is legally responsible for the conduct of its employees when it pertains to their work.

To eschew that responsibility they'd have to demonstrate that the employee acted well outside of the bounds of his role, and that they had no reason to believe that he would act in the way he did. I think any reasonable person would think that the employee taking further (and unnecessary) webcam shots of a naked woman without her knowledge is an abuse. What that actually means in terms of damages is up to a court.

As for the cost of the laptop, it's not outside the realm of possibility that she thought it was a legitimate price to pay for a private sale given that there are people who actually sell second hand laptops at this price - but personally I think alarm bells should go off when even considering buying something from a student. I'd never have bought something from a patient when I used to work in health care - it would be too unprofessional.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I think they worked this way because they though the teacher was the thief and probably wante to hit her hard? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.