Woah! Now THIS is customer service!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quexx88, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Today has had a very pleasant surprise for me. I encountered my old enemy once again while surfing today, a trojan called assassin254.exe that connects to some website and downloads a bunch of nasties. I submitted it to ESET at 10:32 AM today, and with today's 1.983 update, I extracted it from the locked archive I had stored it in and BINGO! Caught and identified as Win32/TrojanDownloader.INService.Y. Who said ESET takes too long to add malware? Thanks for making such a FANTASTIC product, and you will have my business for a long time to come.

2. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

After Bagle.AX was shut down without defs, I am very impressed. Your post even more justifies the money spent on NOD32... I look forward to extending my subscription when it expires, too :D

3. swoop

swoop Registered Member

This is nice to know! However, it is possible (very likely) that the Win32/TrojanDownloader.INService.Y would be part of the update anyway. So, just a coincidence...

Cheers

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Perhaps, but I've had almost identical experiences with two variants of SDbot and Yacra being added after I had submitted them, added the next day. So I like to believe that I'm helping out the effort :p

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It all helps, otherwise we could all stand back thinking someone else would submit it, it's better that they have multiple samples submitted than none.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.