WMWare Player Help

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by whitedragon551, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Ok let me first start this off by saying VMWares forums are really starting to ~ Snipped as per TOS ~.

VMWare Player is a free product, but you cant get support unless you use their forum. After trying to sign up and failing more than 1 time due to their server being messed up I come here.

Ive installed VMWare Player for use in my Advance Windows Server class. I had WIn 7 without a password and it automatically logged into the desktop at a start up. After I installed VMWare Player it no longer does that. It comes to the log on screen and I have to click my user name and icon to log in without putting in a password (There isnt one). After I uninstall VMWare Player it goes back to auto logging in so I know its an issue caused by VMWare Player. I originally was going to use VMWare Workstation and it had created the same issue and the issue went away upon the removal of that tool as well.

What is causing this and how do I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

3. whitedragon551

His questions go unanswered.

4. Meriadoc

The answer is there.

Because VMWare makes a user account (and as there's more than one) you will have to select your account.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  5. whitedragon551

Not really as that applies to XP, not Win 7 x64. But I figured it out.

6. Meriadoc

See my last post on that thread. You can auto login the same with User Accounts or netplwiz.

edited above post.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.