.wmv file to .mp3 file

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Please bear with me as I know what I would like but have no knowledge of how to get there. I was sent a video file that I very much enjoy to the point that I would like to add the music as background music to a website. I tried to convert the .wmv file to a .mp3 file using FormatFactory but no luck. Should anyone know of a software program, preferably free, that would allow me to do this I would appreciate it very much. I may never have the need to do this again so I hate to spend money on a program. Also, if this cannot be done I would appreciate knowing so that I wont continue to waste anymore time trying to do this. I have very little experience in doing file conversions so please keep that in mind should you reply. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I generally try Google as the first place to pose this type of question - Google convert+wmv+mp3+free. There seem to be a number of options. No idea of the preferred one, but a little reading should provide some indications.

Blue

3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Try MediaCoder. I do not know whether it can specifically do .wmv to .mp3, but it has an impressive array of transcoding support. It is also free. I am sure it will suffice for all your transcoding needs.

4. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Play the video and record the sound with an microphone through the Microsoft Windows built in Sound Recorder and save the file as an .wav file.

Then convert the .wav file to .mp3 format Online for Free

Media-Convert:
    http://media-convert.com/

OR

Search:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=convert .wav to .mp3 online&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

HKEY1952

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

This here is another easy to use and good quality option.It'll convert .wmv to .mp3 directly in a couple of clicks at the preset bitrate you choose.You can download the individual application or the full suite which has a load of useful stuff (all freeware):

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Just be sure to untick the Ask toolbar option at installation.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

You had the keywords John. Including audio would've yielded ;) appropriate results.

"Please bear with me as I know what I would like but have no knowledge of how to get there. I was sent a video file that I very much enjoy to the point that I would like to add the music audio as background music to a website. I tried to convert the .wmv file to a .mp3 file using ..."

Steve

7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.