"wmsdoc.exe" what is it?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by cityhunter, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cityhunter

cityhunter Registered Member

Hello. New here.

I recently notice that when I go check my yahoo email there seems to be popup about norton antivirus. Sometimes it'll try to open the window but it closes itself, and repeat. So it clicks like crazy. Sometimes it'll totally overwhelm Iexplorer and I have to force shutdown.

So I used an online scanner and one of the files found to be fishy. So I try to delete it but it would not let me delete.

I try to be cunning and change the name slightly in hope to let me delete. But then it saved it's changed name and created another copy in the same directory. In the windows task manager it uses 29,750k of mem usage.

So I suspect that this is not a good one. The file is located at "C://windows/msagent/wmsdoc.exe" Please help. Thank you in advance.

2. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

3. cityhunter

cityhunter Registered Member

Thank you for the link. I upload it to their checker. They said no threat detected. But I'm still not sure though. I try to stop it in the processes window. But it will reactivate itself. preventing me from deleting it.

The folder and all the files in there were created in 2001, but this .exe was created within the last month. So even though the checker said it's not a threat I'm still concern about it. Also I used few different type of checker too. I used the housecall and the searchbot. Both of them identify this file as a threat.

I could not find anymore info regarding this file as well. I search the net and I got nothing.

4. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.