WMI Performance Adapter service entered Stopped state - no auto backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seventree, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventree

seventree Registered Member

True Image Home 11
    Windows XP Pro SP2

I have created a scheduled full backup to run every day at 2:00 AM. Sometimes it runs and sometimes it does not. When it doesn't, there are no errors in the log - in fact there are no True Image Log entries at all for that date when I check it in the morning. The PC was running without errors all night, no other tasks running or scheduled. This is a laptop but it was on AC all night and there were no power interruptions, and the power options are set to never Suspend or Hibernate while on AC power.

In the Windows System Event Log I did find the message "WMI Performance Adapter service entered the stopped state" posted just a few minutes before the 2:00 AM start time. I have researched this message and it is issued by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) but I don't know how the system is effected when it enters "stopped state." I also cannot find any way to control whether or when it automatically enters this state.

Could this be causing the True Image scheduler to miss its "wake up call?" If so what can I do about it?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello seventree,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please submit a request for technical support. Attach the related information information (including appropriate part of Windows System Event Log) to your request along with link to this thread and state that this request should be forwarded to Eugene Bogdanov. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.