WLM Safe - a plus AV script for WLM

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Was looking at the most popular scripts available for Messenger Plus! Live, a very good addon for Windows Live Messenger, and just saw this script:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/505-WLM-Safe/

WLM Safe 5.05

WLM Safe detects and block infected Virus and Phishing Urls, blocks Spam Messages, Flood and Freeze Attacks and notifies you in case of nickname stealing or if you're chatting with a Bot or an unsafe user.

Main Functions:
    - Anti-Virus: detects and blocks infected links sent by virus in conversation windows.
    - Anti-Phishing: detects and blocks phishing links sent by virus in conversation windows.
    - Anti-Spam: blocks annoying spam messages sent by your contacts.
    - Anti-Flood: detects flood attacks and block the authors.
    - Anti-Freeze: block messages that make old messenger's versions crash.
    - Anti-Copy: notifies you if one of your Messenger's contacts copy your Nickname.
    - Anti-Bot: notifies you if you're chatting with a Bot.
    - Anti-Hackers: notifies you if you're chatting with an Unsafe contact.

New Version Includes:
    Threats Registry - Optional, logs all threats received.
    Play Sounds - Optional, play sounds on popup notifications.
    Process Registry - Detects infected running processes on computer.
    Reduce Memory - Reduces ram memory used by Messenger.
    Cache Cleaner - Deletes unuseful Messenger's temporary files.

Available Languages: Italian, English, French and Spanish

More info: http://www.wlmsafe.com/

Anyone here already tried it? Is it good and safe to use?

Thank you.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Sounds good, but most AV programs are going to catch anything that shows up in an IM program anyway. As far as cache cleaning and process checking, well we already have more well-known products that do that. By the way, it's usually painfully obvious that you're talking to a bot. In the event you run into one of the smarter ones, ask it to solve a simple math problem, they can't do it.

3. guest

guest Guest

Just tested this plugin yesterday. I found that:

- I couldn't test the majority of its modules, because there were no infected contacts online at the time of the testing;
    - its antispam/flood module is a mess, blocked near all legitimate messages from my buddies. Maybe it is buggy ATM;
    - the "memory improvement" module basically minimizes the app when not in use (but it requires several clicks go get in its GUI, its tasks aren't done automatically), a simple trick that I always manually do. BTW, the way it minimized seemed to make WLM really consumes way lesser memory than when I manually minimize (still searching for the reason);
    - the "cache cleaner" is useless because Ccleaner does it here too.

Already uninstalled it. Maybe a later version will fix my issues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.