Within about a week both PrivateFW and Zemana updated!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratchet, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

On both and XP Home and Vista there have been major issues, having to restore to the previous version of PFW. I'm thinking its this part of the PFW update since Zemana is an anti-logger: "- Expanded anti-logger protection including clipboard and screenshot logging detection, driver load attempt detection and enhanced code injection monitoring." Zemana does so great in the MRG tests I hate to give it up. Would welcome some opinions! Obviously I can just stay with the working version of PFW too. Thank you!

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I know we already discussed this some but if it were me, I think I'd either disable or uninstall Zemana and install the latest version of PF which is supposed to have even better protection against various loggers, including clipboard and screen in the current incarnation.

I'd run it against some of the logger tests offered by Zemana or SpyShelter et al and see how it performs. If it does admirably, then there would be no need for Zemana's added anti-logger or HIPS protection since PF also has them, plus the firewall. And PF is free versus a yearly subscription.

If it doesn't do well in your tests, then you can consider other options. (Staying with Zemana, trying SpyShelter or Online Armor (amongst others).
    (I know that Matousec's tests are not necessarily highly valued by all but PF does have an "excellent" rating on that site in the last incarnation. This one should be even better according to what I've read on other websites.)

Greg Salvato at PF is always quick to reply to support requests and is always working to make the product better imho.

Worth the time and hassle imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.