with kis does it make any sense to disable ichecker and iswift

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

am i correct that the real time scanner will add the object id's anyway so if this is the case is there any point at all to disabling them for a on demand scan?? or any of the other scan options? i mean if they are already added what good is this option? just curious as this would speed up my scan times.. since its very slow without them enabled. thanks

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

seriously, if this issue really bothers you.... dont use it. :rolleyes:

there are many to choose from now, and something shouldn't be bothering you, so if it is... change :)

3. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

The big joke with Kaspersky is even with those two checked off you still get the Object ID's installed.. If this issue bothers you I would just write Kaspersky of..
    I did.. PERMANENTLY!

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Are you doing scans with the option to "scan only new or changed files" enabled?

After the first scan I have found KIS to do a system scan in from 6 to 12 minutes. There is no point in scanning the same files if there have been no changes.

But, if KIS doesn't suit you go to another AV. There are truly some excellent ones available. The freebies will suit most users.

Regards,
    Jerry

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

On my system, a FULL scan takes 50-60 hours.
    A subsequent scan, due to ISwift and IChecker,
    took4:25:25 last night.

6. zfactor

no i like kis7 not the issue... my question was why would they even five you the option to turn them off if it installs them anyway?? i just wanted to know if it makes any difference if they are on or off since i figure it install the id's anyway. my system is running beautiful with it no issue now..

so should i leave them unchecked or just check em back on and let it be that way to scan new or changed itemso_O just thought its kind of a stupid option isnt it if it install them anyway?

whats the real difference with them checked on or off then?? thanks..kist is staying for a while.... or until i find something i like better lol.. but i played with version 8 the other night in beta and i really like kis8 so far..

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Excuse me for being picky but KIS 8 is actually currently only an alpha version rather than a beta...and the firewall therein is only currently partially implemented. So caution is advised if it is installed, etc.:D

8. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Read the manual for an explanation.
    Using ISwift and IChecker makes scans go much faster.

9. zfactor

right i know that but what i guess im asking is either way turned on or turned off kis still put the same id's and the same amount of id's on the system correct?? so then it doesnt matter either way.. am i right here.. that was really my question

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.