Witch 2° antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pr3d4ToR, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pr3d4ToR

Pr3d4ToR Registered Member

I'd like to add a non-real time antivirus to my nod32...
    i need an AV with the option to scan automatically when computer is inactive..
    who is the best in couple with that oneo_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not sure what that option means but for a second av u can try antivir or kav. both can be installed as on-demand only. theres also bitdefender free.

3. Pr3d4ToR

and what about Kiso_O this can be installed with the AV in on demand only?

4. Pr3d4ToR

I try to install Kav and i uncheck file antivirus...but it says that my nod32 is incompatible... :(

5. muf

muf Registered Member

Not sure what the problem is there. I had both NOD32 and KAV5 installed at the same time. I then upgraded to KAV6 when it was released and still no problems. The thing is I can't remember which way around they were installed. I don't recall if I had to remove NOD32 to get KAV6 installed. Sometimes you can install them the other around. So if KAV is saying NOD32 is incompatible just uninstall NOD32 then install KAV and install NOD32 again. I've now removed KAV6 and installed KIS6 and it didn't say anything about NOD32 being incompatible. But then again I have NOD32's realtime monitors disabled as I only use it on-demand only. Do you have NOD32's realtime shield enabled while trying to install KAV? If so try disabling it and see if KAV lets you install it. A couple of option's for you to try.

muf

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes it should apply to KIS as well, but why do u want KIS? do u like the firewall, antispy,...?

7. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Temporarily disable AMON, IMON, EMON etc., then choose to quit NOD32 (the "Quit" button). Install KAV (the Virus Scan component and not the File Antivirus/real-time monitor). Then start NOD32 again and reenable AMON, IMON, EMON etc. Should work.

8. Pr3d4ToR

Kis is the best suite aviable...but kav is still slow for me...in this way i have the fast nod32 (with great heuristic) and all the kaspersky suite (AIC..anti-phishing...antispyware..anti-spam...exc...)

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Pr3d4ToR, I don't recommend you having both KAV and NOD32 installed on your Pc, even if one is on-demand and one on-access. Theoretically KAV won't install if NOD32 is already installed on your PC and you might have problems dealing with services that can't be stopped for KAV, etc.
    So go with Avira and NOD32. :)

10. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

KAV and NOD32 ? That is one witch too many.
    It's KAV or NOD32 and the rest are on-demand AV scanners without real-time protection, as many as you like.

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Bitdefender 8 free edition. Nuff said www.filehippo.com enjoy. No protection just the scanner, works with my Kaspersky fine. Great detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.